It seems these days everybody is talking about Social Network Fundraising, yet few people can agree exactly what it means. We wrote an article to explain the key aspects of this fundraising strategy phenomenon and explain the benefits, as well as the technology features you should look for when evaluating or implementing this strategy.
This article highlights:
- Benefits of Social Network Fundraising
- Tools to make Social Network Fundraising easier
- Technology features your organization should have
- Technology features your constituents should have
Click here to read it!
We’ve been hearing a lot about our competitors being bought out; forcing their non-profit clients into tough decisions.
In August 2013, GiftWorks® software was acquired by FrontStream Payments®. FrontStream quickly announced that they would disable older, but still working copies of GiftWorks unless those customers “upgrade” to a new version and pay monthly fees by April 1st.
Using Common Ground®?
In September 2012, Blackbaud® announced they would discontinue Common Ground® as a fundraising solution all together beginning in March 2014.
Using GiftMaker Pro®?
GiftMaker Pro® is another product bought by BlackBaud® that they are ending support for in the near future.
We feel these actions are wrong, and hurt the nonprofit community, so we’re determined to offer a better option:
- We’re offering a Special GiftWorks® User Upgrade Program, which matches GiftWorks’ offer and provides an upgrade to our fully web-based solution.
- Common Ground® clients who have been negatively affected can get a quality alternative. We guarantee that we’ll lower your annual subscription costs by at least 25%, in addition to other special savings that will eliminate the cost of switching.
- If you’re still using GiftMaker, check out our GiftMaker Pro® Switch & Save offer for more information.
At DonorPerfect, we pride ourselves on being a privately owned company. We’ve been serving the nonprofit industry for almost 30 years and have no intentions of selling out. We’re committed to continually providing the best products and services to the nonprofit community. DonorPerfect was the top rated fundraising software for the third consecutive time according to an independent study by NTEN and Idealware. Plus, DonorPerfect is backed by the best technical support, software developers, and a host of other talented folks devoted to your total satisfaction. If you’re looking for quality alternative, check us out. We’d love to welcome you to the DonorPerfect family!
Hopefully by now all your end of year donations have been processed, your donors acknowledged and you’re probably busy with generating reports on your fundraising performance last year. Although it is always more fun to focus on your successes, I believe that one of the most important and useful reports you can run at the end of the year is the Last Year But Unfortunately Not This Year (LYBUNT) report. The report shows donors that gave to your organization last year, but didn’t give to your organization this year. If you are like most non-profits, the report will be quite lengthy, but there are actually several things that you can do with this data to help you improve your donor retention. Here are three ideas worth your consideration:
1) Re-solicit them – In many cases, these individuals may simply not realize that they didn’t give to your organization. A postcard, letter or email that let’s them know they didn’t and how valuable their support is to your organization can be quite effective. For larger donors, a call is worthwhile.
2) Find out why they didn’t give – Email surveys are a quick and easy way to learn more about why they didn’t give. Obviously the key is carefully review the feedback and identify ways your organization can improve.
3) Promote pre-authorized monthly or quarterly giving – Donors participating in such programs are much much more likely to be retained from year-to-year, since a correctly designed process makes continuity of giving automatic. DonorPerfect makes it easy to manage these recurring programs.
Remember, it is much harder to find a new donor than to keep the donors you already have.
Learn how to save time and help raise more funds for your organization by attending our FREE webinar each Friday from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern.
This webinar will cover the benefits of your payment processing tools, the purpose of the SafeSave Gateway, how to process Insta-Charge and EFT, Gateway tasks, reports and available resources.